Welcome to our research group led by Prof. Can Bayram in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA. We are located in the Nick Holonyak, Jr Micro and Nanotechnology Laboratory.
Our current research interests lie in the intersection of
• Novel III-V materials and hetero-structures, and
• Photonic and electronic quantum devices.
Particularly, we explore
• III-V materials and novel devices,
• Hetero-integration of III-Vs on unconventional platforms such as graphene and silicon,
• Heat transport across/through semiconductors,
• Efficiency droop mechanisms and remedies in AlInGaN emitters, and
• Ultra-fast THz photonics/electronics.